So, this is a long overdue post haha. I’m really sorry for the unannounced hiatus; I was meaning to do some things but the time flew past me too quickly for my liking.
So my last post had a small mention of my upcoming holiday – first in 11 years. And I have to admit Barcelona is such an amazing place to visit. So much art and history. Just a generally beautiful city. I thank thee for that amazing coffee and tortilla sandwich which was life changing. Fun fact, my last holiday abroad was to Spain with my school. It’s not really fun but you know.
I’m in the process of finishing my second written assignment for my degree. I’ve left it so close to the wire, I’m somewhat disappointed in myself for it but what can you do. It’s due Tuesday haha. All that’s left to do is rewrite it neater and boom all done.
Tomorrow after I submit my assignment I will upload a Mellow Monday. It’s been a long time coming so stay tuned.
So this is my last post for this week. I know it’s probably a shock to have gotten something everyday from me but I had some time off and felt like I should make some effort.
Today’s post is not going to be very long but it’s just a life update – More for myself than for you guys because I know if I type it up and post it I’ll remember it.
What I’m trying to do right now in life is give myself more of a positive outlook on life and take up more substantial and calming hobbies. I’m going to bullet point them down for you guys to see and I’m hoping you guys can find some ideas on things to do as well ^.^
- Knitting – I used to knit a lot when I was younger and I’m far from embarrassed by it. it’s a very calming hobby to have and it always made me feel accomplished when I finished a line without missing any loops. My favourite memory of this was sitting with 4 of my friends from surrounding streets after a bike ride, all jointly trying to make different limbs for a teddy for a friend. It was so fun and we were all sharing tips with each other.
- Thread work/string art – I found this really awesome DIY string art tutorial for words onto a cork board. I’m excited for this. I’ve started changing up my room and I want a focal point with something I’ve created. As soon as I find the board in the right sizing I’ll start-up stencilling my word and maybe let you in on a sneak peek.
- Drawing – I’ve been meaning to get back into drawing for a long time. Going from doodling throughout my secondary school time to random bursts, I’ve really lost my drawing flow. my main plan with this is to carry one of my multiple small sketch books around with me and when I have time or just an idea, to doodle it down. I’m hoping this will help me refine previous sills I worked on but also inspire me to work on bigger and better things. Also I could probably get myself into a few evening life drawing classes just to change-up my ever dulling life.
- Painting – I love, love, LOVE painting. I’ve recently found all of my old supplies amongst my mountain of belonging in my room and it’s given me goose pimples just thinking about relaxing to paint something. Cool exciting project to come very soon but I’m keeping it hush until its ready – I’m scared if I mention it now I’ll give up on myself so I’m going to wait till I’m mentally ready.
- Walking with a hint of photography – Before starting my job now, I used to go on long forest walks with my cousin and I really want to get back into it. From a health perspective, it’s starting to get yourself moving – Health post soon to come because I found something really cute I had started years ago – but the routes we take are always so scenic and visually stunning. There are so many niche corners that we pass and it would be good to work on composition and just general photography skills – I am a main contributor to an art blog on here but I haven’t posted something on there in ages. I lost my motivation. Insert sadness.
Glancing back over my list I realise all of my things I want to re-start or continue doing are all art related haha – awkward insert of laughter. But it’s what calms me. As I mentioned at the start of the video, this will be my last post of the week. Only because I have work all weekend and a few ‘social’ things to do, but I will have a Mellow Monday up and hopefully schedule a few posts for the week.
Wish me luck guys. I’m having a carpet crisis! See you next week.
“The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom.” – Isaac Asimov
Everyone always thinks when you have a birthday you become wiser and more understanding of the world – not the case for some but that’s beside the point.
Continue reading “Aging is a strange process.”