Now I have recently been getting back into art and everything craft related – I’m currently knitting myself scarf. I bought this really lovely grey wool and its super soft. Once I’ve completed it, I’ll do a post with the final thing.
So back to the matter at hand, in my spare time I love watching YouTube channels of artists. I have a handful I frequently watch but I have to say my favourite is Minnie Small – SemiSkimmedMin.
Her voice is so soothing and her videos are really informative – It might come across as creepy but before I meditate and sleep I watch at least 5 of her videos just to give me ideas and motivate me.
She recently completed a video series called ’30 Ways to fill a sketchbook’, giving viewers insightful ways and things to do to fill a sketchbook. From drawing a landscape, to creating a character and a mini comic series.
The reason I like her channel is the fact she uses art supplies that you can find and afford in most cases.
I hope you guys enjoy her channel as much as I do and find some artistic inspiration along the way.
Here’s a link to her website as well, http://semiskimmedmin.com/
I will be hopefully finishing up a post to schedule for tomorrow as I have been slacking – With my laptop in front of me, I procrastinated and chose to watch two films instead.
So this is my last post for this week. I know it’s probably a shock to have gotten something everyday from me but I had some time off and felt like I should make some effort.
Today’s post is not going to be very long but it’s just a life update – More for myself than for you guys because I know if I type it up and post it I’ll remember it.
What I’m trying to do right now in life is give myself more of a positive outlook on life and take up more substantial and calming hobbies. I’m going to bullet point them down for you guys to see and I’m hoping you guys can find some ideas on things to do as well ^.^
- Knitting – I used to knit a lot when I was younger and I’m far from embarrassed by it. it’s a very calming hobby to have and it always made me feel accomplished when I finished a line without missing any loops. My favourite memory of this was sitting with 4 of my friends from surrounding streets after a bike ride, all jointly trying to make different limbs for a teddy for a friend. It was so fun and we were all sharing tips with each other.
- Thread work/string art – I found this really awesome DIY string art tutorial for words onto a cork board. I’m excited for this. I’ve started changing up my room and I want a focal point with something I’ve created. As soon as I find the board in the right sizing I’ll start-up stencilling my word and maybe let you in on a sneak peek.
- Drawing – I’ve been meaning to get back into drawing for a long time. Going from doodling throughout my secondary school time to random bursts, I’ve really lost my drawing flow. my main plan with this is to carry one of my multiple small sketch books around with me and when I have time or just an idea, to doodle it down. I’m hoping this will help me refine previous sills I worked on but also inspire me to work on bigger and better things. Also I could probably get myself into a few evening life drawing classes just to change-up my ever dulling life.
- Painting – I love, love, LOVE painting. I’ve recently found all of my old supplies amongst my mountain of belonging in my room and it’s given me goose pimples just thinking about relaxing to paint something. Cool exciting project to come very soon but I’m keeping it hush until its ready – I’m scared if I mention it now I’ll give up on myself so I’m going to wait till I’m mentally ready.
- Walking with a hint of photography – Before starting my job now, I used to go on long forest walks with my cousin and I really want to get back into it. From a health perspective, it’s starting to get yourself moving – Health post soon to come because I found something really cute I had started years ago – but the routes we take are always so scenic and visually stunning. There are so many niche corners that we pass and it would be good to work on composition and just general photography skills – I am a main contributor to an art blog on here but I haven’t posted something on there in ages. I lost my motivation. Insert sadness.
Glancing back over my list I realise all of my things I want to re-start or continue doing are all art related haha – awkward insert of laughter. But it’s what calms me. As I mentioned at the start of the video, this will be my last post of the week. Only because I have work all weekend and a few ‘social’ things to do, but I will have a Mellow Monday up and hopefully schedule a few posts for the week.
Wish me luck guys. I’m having a carpet crisis! See you next week.
This blog was made quite a while ago in order to showcase my close friends and my own artistic endeavours but it never really lifted off. But after my last post and trying to claw my brain space in an attempt to remember the password for Aimotion, it is back up and running. So far I’m just uploading some photography from the past (all taken on old mobile devices – which is surprising considering the quality is decent) but yeah. Hopefully when I have some time, I can push back into working on my drawing and I’ll upload some of those for everyone to see. I’ll pop a link below but happy browsing ♡
Since my last post, I’ve been mulling around in the thing I call my brainspace and I have decided that in my spare time I will focus on refining and improving my ‘almost’ non-existent drawing and photography skills in preparation for my new university degree – yes, you read correctly, I changed my degree. *cough* No judgements, I’m a very undecided person with this whole thing.
I feel like it would be a good use of my spare time, rather than sitting on my ass and starring into space.
Im not going to proclaim I am the best artist or will become the best artist because that’s just not logical haha. I mean along as I work hard on my skills I’ll be happy.
In other news, I have been watching a lot of anime recently, it’s like I rekindled my joy and love for the art form. I’ve compiled a list of ones to watch and all so it’s literally the only thing getting me through the sleepless night hours. My favourite of the year so far, and it’s no surprise, is Boku Dake ga Inai Machi (Erased). It was one of the best things I have ever watched/ read in my life – after finding the anime by chance, I found out it was based off of a manga and read that too. I like the subtle differences in the ending and I love the character development. But enough rambling.
On forth, I’ll update later ^.^