So following on from my ‘Reading list and Motivation’ post ( link – https://elizalilysmiles.blog/2017/03/02/reading-list-and-motivation/ ) whereby I talk about how I choose which book to read next. I only realised now I didn’t mention anywhere which books were apart of that method. So, clears throat, here I am with just a few titles in my reading list to date.
- The Dark Fields – Alan Glynn
- The Republic – Plato (been on this reading list since I was studying Philosophy in college and we had read sections of The Symposium by Plato)
- Perfume – Patrick Suskind (My brother’s girlfriend had recommend I read this because I had read a fanfiction that held a similar plot to this book – The only major difference was rather than a perfume maker, the main character was a chocolatier)
- The Inferno – Dante
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream – Will Shaks (We have that relationship for nicknames)
- Memoirs of a Geisha – Arthur Golden (I have briefly read over this book once before for a coursework piece in college. I say read it, I got through the first 4 chapters, resorted to spark notes for quotes and then watching the film. Pleasantly surprised I got a C in that piece)
- Metamorphosis – Franz Kafka (I borrowed this from a teacher to read, then left the college haha! I don’t think she misses it much considering its been 3 years)
- Rivers of London – Ben Aaronovitch (I think I’m halfway through because of an eight-hour cloakroom shift that had me with one item for most of the day – great book and I’m not sure why I haven’t picked it up since)
- We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves – Karen Joy Fowler
- Best Served Cold – Joe Abercrombie
- Stoner – John Williams
I would add Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell however I finished that today – I think before today I had read 40 pages in bed and decided I was too invested in Cath and Levi to wait to finish it. I want a guy like Levi – never before have I wanted to drag a character out of a book before. Well except Alex from the I Heart Series, I had always imagined him looking like Enrique Iglesias. I need to stop before I start getting creepy.
Fangirl was such an incredible book. Rainbow Rowell just has this way of writing books I want to read till I finish it.
I’m going to leave now.
Leave a Reply