This week’s mellow monday is one of my all time favourite Japanese songs, ‘Baby Don’t Cry’ by Amuro Namie. This song is just so relaxing to listen to and her voice is so mesmerising, I can sit here for hours flicking through her music.
I’m not going to add much after this, a part from the general other songs to check out. I am absolutely shattered from work. I will be back Wednesday with a post as I have a day off. I might go for a walk in the morning around the forest by my house.
Songs to check:
- Hide and Seek
- Girl Talk
- How to be a girl
I’m going to sign off now.
Happy reading, and let me know if you like the song.
So this is my last post for this week. I know it’s probably a shock to have gotten something everyday from me but I had some time off and felt like I should make some effort.
Today’s post is not going to be very long but it’s just a life update – More for myself than for you guys because I know if I type it up and post it I’ll remember it.
What I’m trying to do right now in life is give myself more of a positive outlook on life and take up more substantial and calming hobbies. I’m going to bullet point them down for you guys to see and I’m hoping you guys can find some ideas on things to do as well ^.^
- Knitting – I used to knit a lot when I was younger and I’m far from embarrassed by it. it’s a very calming hobby to have and it always made me feel accomplished when I finished a line without missing any loops. My favourite memory of this was sitting with 4 of my friends from surrounding streets after a bike ride, all jointly trying to make different limbs for a teddy for a friend. It was so fun and we were all sharing tips with each other.
- Thread work/string art – I found this really awesome DIY string art tutorial for words onto a cork board. I’m excited for this. I’ve started changing up my room and I want a focal point with something I’ve created. As soon as I find the board in the right sizing I’ll start-up stencilling my word and maybe let you in on a sneak peek.
- Drawing – I’ve been meaning to get back into drawing for a long time. Going from doodling throughout my secondary school time to random bursts, I’ve really lost my drawing flow. my main plan with this is to carry one of my multiple small sketch books around with me and when I have time or just an idea, to doodle it down. I’m hoping this will help me refine previous sills I worked on but also inspire me to work on bigger and better things. Also I could probably get myself into a few evening life drawing classes just to change-up my ever dulling life.
- Painting – I love, love, LOVE painting. I’ve recently found all of my old supplies amongst my mountain of belonging in my room and it’s given me goose pimples just thinking about relaxing to paint something. Cool exciting project to come very soon but I’m keeping it hush until its ready – I’m scared if I mention it now I’ll give up on myself so I’m going to wait till I’m mentally ready.
- Walking with a hint of photography – Before starting my job now, I used to go on long forest walks with my cousin and I really want to get back into it. From a health perspective, it’s starting to get yourself moving – Health post soon to come because I found something really cute I had started years ago – but the routes we take are always so scenic and visually stunning. There are so many niche corners that we pass and it would be good to work on composition and just general photography skills – I am a main contributor to an art blog on here but I haven’t posted something on there in ages. I lost my motivation. Insert sadness.
Glancing back over my list I realise all of my things I want to re-start or continue doing are all art related haha – awkward insert of laughter. But it’s what calms me. As I mentioned at the start of the video, this will be my last post of the week. Only because I have work all weekend and a few ‘social’ things to do, but I will have a Mellow Monday up and hopefully schedule a few posts for the week.
Wish me luck guys. I’m having a carpet crisis! See you next week.
I am on a roll! I mean this blog is probably having a moment, thinking it’s having whiplash with the amount of posts that are churning out of it. But what can I say. I’m just in the mood for this.
So todays post is about language learning. And not just any language learning, but my numerous failed attempts at learning another language.
I stress myself out with these things you know. Like I try to push myself to do something, then I get side-tracked and realise I’ve succeeded with nothing.
Continue reading “Language Learning”
“The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom.” – Isaac Asimov
In order to stay calm and somewhat ‘less judgemental’ to everything in my life, I write letters to myself.
It all started about a year and a half ago. I was going through some really self-destructive things, depression and insomniac episodes. I had a little blue book I used to write some really dark things in just to get them off my chest.
Then I started seeing a counsellor who basically advised me to keep writing things down just so I didn’t have to think of them constantly, which in turn would hopefully help me get some sleep. I created someone to address my letters to, their name is ‘L’. Aptly named for many reasons – My surname, Deathnote and Infinite. And I would just tell them things that were bothering me, things that I was happy about and just life in general as if they were a separate person to me. Then I would seal them up, number them and place them in my draw.
Continue reading “Letters to myself”
So I thought I would slide in a few lifestyle posts into my blog – Well I’m not really good at these sort of things because I don’t do much but here goes nothing.
So I wont talk in detail about my cleansing routine as I do have a dedicated post coming up soon focused around this topic. Every morning and night I tone and cream my face, after washing with water and a hot flannel.
So recently I bought a humidifier/aroma diffuser from Muji and I pretty much use it every day. Every morning before I meditate, I drop in either a berry or citrus scented oil into my diffuser and set it for 30 minutes. This refreshes and wakens my mind before dragging myself our of bed for the work routine. I love how light and fluffy it is and how it gets through my room with ease – I don’t use incense pods or sticks often as I tend to find the smoke lingers in one certain area and chokes me. I’m a sensitive soul. And then every evening I use a Vanilla Chai oil to calm myself ready for my night meditation.
This is a recent thing to my daily routine but it’s working its wonders already. I use the app calm to meditate. I do walking meditation, sleep meditation, breathing techniques, etc. I really love this app and it doesn’t cost much on a monthly basis – £9.99 is a good price in my book for what the app has to offer. Before anyone asks, I have tried researching online for meditations and all but i can never get one that is quite right – if anyone has any free options that are good for helping stress and insomnia then comment it bellow. One of my favourite features of the app are the sleep stories. When I was younger, my brother and I used to listen to cassette stories and fables to help us sleep. Now being what everyone believes is an adult, I do find it hard to sleep at night – I would prefer to stay up for 52 hours until I pass out involuntarily, then sleep. But before I digress into my sleep habits and life story, we will move on.
I only mention this because it has to be the right lighting. I use my side lamp most of the day or just fairy lights on my window to light my room first thing in the morning or just before I sleep. Otherwise, sleep is a myth to me haha.
Yeah this sounds like an obvious thing but I have to brush my teeth 2 times a day. If I don’t it stresses me out.
I told you guys i wasn’t very good with these things, I’m not sure what else I do , even if i do it every day. I hope you enjoy this post and if I remember anything else I’ll update this.
This weeks Mellow Monday! is the song Shoebox by Epik High ft MYK.
Epik High have always been one of my favourite groups – Their music is just sultry. Every song they bring out has a unique and signature ‘Epik High’ vibe.
The whole Shoebox album is incredible, holding so many individually standing songs. I wont write too much as the album pretty much speaks for itself.
Other songs to check out:
- Born Hater (ft Beenzino, Verbal Jint, B.I, Mino & Bobby) – this collab has me gassed
- We Fight Ourselves (ft Younha)
- Lesson 5 (Timeline)
- Rich (ft Taeyang)
- Life Is Good (ft Jay Park)
I’m in the process of deciding if I should do #postaday or #postaweek. I always try to make these commitments but then I get lazy and forget to post.
So far I’m plowing through a catalogue of posts to schedule so I can keep on top of things whilst I am doing up my room – the inaugural room tour will be underway once I’ve completed everything.
I guess i could say I’m excited about getting on top of blogging – I just really love doing this.
I will post again later with my first proper post and then will schedule the Mellow Monday for tomorrow.
See you in about an hour ^.^
Hi guys! It’s Eli back with another Mellow Monday post! Today’s Mellow Monday is an old song – I mean it was released 7 months ago. But we celebrate this song and much of their discography because last Thursday, I had the privilege of seeing this band for a fourth time. And needless to say I’m not disappointed.
Two Door Cinema Club for me are a power group. Although many don’t know them by name, everyone at least once has heard one of their songs.
Even when they experiment with new styles and beats, it’s always recognisable as one of their songs.
Their presence when they perform live is incredible. Their voices alone are so atmospheric and the showman ship is applaudable.
It’s got to a point where friends of mine who I haven’t spoken to in about 4 years, messaged me asking if I was attending the show because one, I love the group. And two, I’m just that predictable.
I’ll keep this post short because I’m currently on the train heading to meet a friend.
Songs I recommend everyone to listen to:
- Changing of the seasons
- Something good can work
- I can talk
- Remember my name
- Bad decisions
Just to name a few but I do suggest binge listening to their albums because it’s just that good.
I’m hoping to do another post before the week ends so see ya then x
I know I did a mini Mellow Monday in my January recap post, but I do feel like I need to do an honourable mention to a song.
So I know not many of you will know this band well but 2NE1 were one of those cornerstone groups in k-pop. They paved the way for many groups that followed them, they had a extremely large fanbase, and a catalogue of incredible songs.
This song marks their break up as a band, it’s a very simple song but a very touching one – I mean many fans were broken when Minzy left, and then to hear that they were calling it a night.
I shan’t add too much because the song speaks for itself. Enjoy guys.